"So the Light Answers"- A Very Special Hanukkah Menorah
On Hanukkah 1932, just prior to the elections that would bring Hitler to power, Rachel Posner, wife of Rabbi Dr. Akiva Posner, took this photo of the family Hanukkah menorah from the window ledge of the family home looking out on to the building across the road decorated with Nazi flags.
On the back of the photograph, Rachel Posner wrote in German (translated here):
Hanukkah 5692 (1932)
"Death to Judah"
So the flag says
"Judah will live forever"
So the light answers
Read the full story here
- liliandmilo likes this
- gaiagalit likes this
- unconsciousplots likes this
- imathinkingmind reblogged this from living-legacy-dear
- theappalachianpen likes this
- mcohavi likes this
- mashl likes this
- wanderer-fan reblogged this from eretzyisrael and added:
- wanderer-fan likes this
- thesignsinthestars reblogged this from eretzyisrael
- milbullrdr reblogged this from eretzyisrael
- milbullrdr likes this
- living-legacy-dear reblogged this from eretzyisrael
- living-legacy-dear likes this
- eretzyisrael posted this