Shabbat Dinner Menu : Preparing for Tisha B’av
Tisha B’av begins next week, and for the nine days ahead of the fasting holiday, observant Jews do not eat meat.
This week’s Shabbat menu features meatless recipes including French onion soup, roasted asparagus, sole meuniere, potatoes with dill and butter, and carrot cake for dessert.
Get menu » Shabbat Menu for Tisha B’av
update: it is permitted to eat meat on shabbat before Tisha B’av. This weeks recipe was for a vegetarian Shabbat .
- The custom is to refrain from eating meat and poultry or drinking wine and grape juice during the nine days. This also pertains to children.
- The prohibition of meat includes foods cooked with meat or meat fat. However, foods cooked in a clean vessel used for meat may be eaten.
- Eating meat and drinking wine is permitted for Shabbat. Even one who has ushered in the Shabbat on Friday afternoon before sunset, or extends the third meal of Shabbat into Saturday night may also eat meat and drink wine at those times.
- honeychiles-kitchen reblogged this from eretzyisrael
- virtualanarchy likes this
- umbcjewishlife likes this
- luxfux reblogged this from girlactionfigure
- we-are-jewcy likes this
- elizabethenmuch reblogged this from eretzyisrael
- girlactionfigure reblogged this from eretzyisrael
- salixj reblogged this from eretzyisrael and added:
- wildelotus likes this
- sageofthesky reblogged this from salixj and added:
- andwhydowefall reblogged this from eretzyisrael and added:
- feministjewishfangirl reblogged this from salixj and added:
- turquoisethoughts likes this
- longskirtclub likes this
- gaiagalit likes this
- eretzyisrael posted this