Cantaloupe and Carrot Salad
Erez Komarovsky, Erez’s Galilee Cooking School, Matat
One is a fruit, the other a vegetable. One is soft and luscious, the other hard and crunchy. Both are bright orange and go surprisingly well together.
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
- Half a cantaloupe
- 2 carrots
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon silan (date honey, see p. 92) or 3/4 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 4 tablespoon pine nuts
- Slice the melon very thin. Slice the carrots using a cucumber peeler.
- Mix silan (or honey) with lemon juice and pour over the carrot and cantaloupe. Toss with mint leaves.
- Lightly toast the pine nuts and sprinkle on top. Serve at once.