Pirkei Avot; Chapter 4
1. Ben Zoma said: Who is wise? He who learns from all men, as it is written (Psalm 119:99) “I have gained understanding from all my teachers.”
Who is mighty? He who subdues his passions, as it is written (Proverbs 16:32) “One who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and one whose temper is controlled than one who captures a city.”
Who is rich? He who rejoices in his portion, as it is written (Psalm 128:2) “You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands; you shall be happy, and it shall go well with you.” “You shall be” refers to this world; and “it shall be well with you” refers to the world to come.
Who is honored? He that honors his fellow men as it is written (I Samuel 2:30) “For those who honor me I will honor, and those who despise me shall be treated with contempt.”"
- jonathanvasta likes this
- longskirtclub likes this
- nechama-the-future-giyores reblogged this from eretzyisrael
- yousaywah likes this
- illusionsof-existance likes this
- sacchariferousdaydreams reblogged this from brighteyesandstarlights
- brighteyesandstarlights reblogged this from eretzyisrael
- brighteyesandstarlights likes this
- gaiagalit likes this
- godsgodnogod reblogged this from eretzyisrael
- eretzyisrael posted this